Italian Food Recipes: 2 Dishes To Make
Everyone loves Italian food. Taste, use of ingredients, flavor, and cooking style – in every sense, Italian dishes are different from other cuisines. Thus, when it comes to global cuisine, Italian dishes occupy the top rank. Here you will know about Italian food recipes that will leave you to drool.
Italian Food Recipes – Caprese Salad Made With Pesto Sauce
A bowl of this delicious salad is made with juicy tomato, pesto sauce, and lots of mozzarellas and garnished with fresh basil.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Serving – 2
- Tomatoes – 2
- Basil – 2 handfuls
- Buffalo mozzarella – 1 packet
- Pine nuts – 1 cup
- Parmesan cheese – 1 cup, grated
- Extra virgin olive oil – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – ½
- Cut round slices of tomatoes and season them with a bit of salt, fresh black pepper, and olive oil and place them on the serving plate.
- Cut chunks of mozzarella and add them to the serving plate. Sprinkle one handful of basil leaves from the top.
- In the blender, add the remaining basil leaves, grated parmesan, pine nuts, and olive oil. Blend them till you get a lump-free paste. Add the lemon juice to the paste and mix well. If you see that the texture of the pesto sauce is very thick, you can pour some more olive oil.
- Pour the sauce on the serving plate and serve the salad fresh.
Next, I am going to make the tasty Panzanella.
Italian Food Recipes – Delicious Panzanella
Made with Tuscan bread, this salad is ideal for the summer. Though the recipe varies, tomatoes and bread remain constant. Team it up with chilled presseco and feel the bliss.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 35 minutes
Serving – 4
Ingredients For Italian Food Recipes
- Tomatoes – 1 kg, large
- Cucumber – 1, medium
- Small olives – 100 gm
- Onion – 1, cut into slices
- Sun-dried tomatoes with their oil – 100 gm
- Oregano – handful, chopped
- Parsley – handful, chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
- Balsamic vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 pinch
- Salt and black pepper – as per taste
- Italian Ciabatta – 1 loaf (you can also use a French baguette)
- Take a large bowl. Cut the tomatoes and cucumber into cubes and add to the bowl.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic, chopped oregano as well as parsley. Give them a mix and add sun-dried tomatoes along with their oil, olives, onion slices, and a pinch of sugar. Mix everything well and taste the seasoning.
- Add salt and black pepper as you need. You can add some lemon juice if you need to make it a little sour. Now cove the bowl and keep it in the fridge for the whole night. It will help to develop the flavors.
- At the time of serving, cut the loaf of bread in small pieces and add to the salad and serve.
Some Tips To Remember –
If you want, you can toast the bread but very lightly before adding to the salad. You can also use red and yellow bell pepper in the salad to add more colors. The main ingredient of this salad is the tomato. They should be very juicy.