A Vegan Risotto Recipe For Diet-Conscious People
It is hard to manage your food cravings with a healthy diet plan when you have so many attractions out there. However, we have a number of food options available that increase our appetite and cravings all the time. For the diet-conscious people, it is hard to manage their plans, as they find no such variations. Now, with some smart recipes like vegan risotto, it is easy for the diet conscious people to satisfy their cravings and food desired. These food options are full of nutrients and balanced in fats. So, you will not have to face any problem with meal management.
Risotto Without Cheese, Possible?
Hearing of a vegan risotto seems impossible for a foodie. Fortunately, for the vegan diet lovers, this recipe will make it possible. With all of its glory and taste, the recipe covers the omission of butter and cheese from the platter easily. So, you can taste it and will forget about any of the missing ingredients. More, a perfect balance of ingredients makes it a special to cook option for you whenever you crave for risotto.
How to Make Vegan Risotto?
Here we are discussing a not-to-miss and all-time favorite vegan risotto recipe that will make you fall for it. Hence, closely observe the ingredients, directions, and tips to make it perfect.
- Vegetable broth – 3 ½ cups
- Water/ oil – 2 tablespoon
- Red Bell pepper – 1 medium
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Black pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Asparagus – One small bundle
- Broccoli – One small bundle
- Arborio rice – 1 cup
- Shallot sliced – ¾ cup
- Dry white wine – ¼ cup
- Vegan parmesan cheese – ¼ cup
- Heat the vegetable broth in a medium saucepan and let it simmer on low flame.
- Then, heat a large pan on medium flame and add half of water or oil, asparagus, broccoli and red bell pepper in it. And then, drizzle some salt and pepper on it.
- Sauté the vegetables until golden brown and then stir them frequently to avoid ark color.
- Take another pan and heat on medium flame, and now add remaining water and shallot to sauté it for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
- Now, add rice to the shallot and cook for one minute. Put the dry white wine and stir until absorbed properly.
- Now, add the warmed broth to the rice gradually using a ladle. Add almost 120ml at a time and stir constantly. On medium heat, let the risotto simmer not boiling, as it will be cooking too fast then.
- Keep adding the broth and then stir to mix it gently until rice is all done. It will take almost 15 minutes for this batch; make sure rice is not mushy.
- In the end, remove it from the heat and add some salt and pepper to taste. Add vegan parmesan cheese and cooked vegetables to it. Then, fold them gently to mix.
Serve the delightful vegan risotto in serving bowls and add some leftover vegetables or parmesan cheese as a topping.
Tip to Remember
Well, vegan risotto tastes best when fresh. But, you keep it in the refrigerator for almost 3 days. So, must try this risotto recipe!
If you want to try mushroom risotto recipe, click here.